Whatever your age you need to eat well. Especially after your mid 30s. But as a bodybuilder this is even more important due to the stress that your body endures in the gym.
You should look at nutrients that can naturally promote more youthful hair, nails and skin as well as better recovery from training.
Here are 7 ‘super-foods’ that will help you stock up on some of the most powerful natural anti-aging nutrients. Be sure to include them in your weekly shopping list.
1. Blueberries & Raspberries – These berries contain vital anti-oxidants to help offset oxidative stress and inflammation that contribute to skin aging and wrinkles. Incredibly, one serving of either of these berries contains more anti-oxidants than 10 servings of most other fruit and veg.
2. Olive Oil – Olive oil contains monounsaturated fats which support healthy arteries and a healthy heart. It also contains polyphenols, a potent anti-oxidant that that could help prevent multiple age-related diseases. Organic extra virgin olive oil is the ideal choice.
3. Beans – The unique protein combination in beans thickens and strengthens your hair cells, so you can enjoy a full head of hair as you age.
4. Brazil Nuts – These unique nuts rich in selenium, a mineral which helps in the production of anti-oxidant glutathione. This helps to help slow down the skin’s aging process. As few as 2 nuts daily provide the diet with enough selenium to benefit from its anti-aging benefits.
5. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are packed with a substance called lycopene. It’s been shown to support heart health and healthy cholesterol levels as a person ages. Lycopene also acts as a natural sun block to keep skin youthful and protected from harmful UV rays.
6. Red Wine – Yes strangely enough, a glass of wine daily can have a positive effect on your health due to Resveratrol content. This is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps fight free radicals as well as against against diabetes, heart disease, and memory loss that may come with age. For Resveratrol, also see )
7. Organic Eggs – Despite eggs being dismissed sometimes due to their cholesterol content (which is based on insufficient scientific claims) eggs are rich in biotin and iron which help to promote healthy, youthful skin and hair.